A personal blog by M.B. Mosaid, Ph.D.


Make your own Myspace Crazy Text at CommentYou.com

Cheapest talk of the week!

There is a guy. His favorite bar is called 'Sally's Legs'. The bar is closed, so he waits outside for it to open. He was waiting a long time and a cop got suspicious, came over to him, and asked, "What are you doing?" The guy replies, "I'm waiting for 'Sally's Legs' to open so I can get in.."
===================================================

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Faltered Fearless Forecast

Yes, for the 2nd time around I faltered in my fearless forecast. The first was the Pacquiao-Dela Hoya Fight; then this Pacquiao-Hatton bout. I thought I could enroll as a boxing analyst with Ring Magazine, but with two misses, there's just no place for me there.

I really thought that Hatton was the most formidable foe that Pacquiao has ever faced in the ring in his entire boxing career. For the 2nd time, Pacquiao defied the tale of the tapes, so-to-speak. It turned out that Hatton was meaner than Dela Hoya.

You know what I overlooked in my analysis? Most boxers, if not all (except Pacquiao), would train to tone up and shape up. This is where pacquiao has been very different. He trains to acquire new skills and tactics plus all of the above. That's why we always see a different and better pacquiao everytime he fights.

Now, for the third time, I won't make any guess for the Pacquiao match with anyone of these guys: Mayweather Jr. or Marquez (depending on who wins between them this July), Miguel Cotto or Shane Mosley. If Pacquiao conctinues to be the better fighter everytime he surfaces in the ring, no forecast is necessary. He will beat anyone within the 136-146 lb weight class for now. And that won't be difficult for him at all.



No comments: