A personal blog by M.B. Mosaid, Ph.D.


Make your own Myspace Crazy Text at CommentYou.com

Cheapest talk of the week!

There is a guy. His favorite bar is called 'Sally's Legs'. The bar is closed, so he waits outside for it to open. He was waiting a long time and a cop got suspicious, came over to him, and asked, "What are you doing?" The guy replies, "I'm waiting for 'Sally's Legs' to open so I can get in.."
===================================================

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why some are super-excited to go back to school??!!

I happened to read one message from a teenager friendster of mine, whom I don't exactly remember how I happened to accept her or me accepted by her! As I said, I already had some kind of phobia opening my 'friendster' after I recieved several comments from some youngbloods that say: "You too are fond of or hooked to friendster?? We thought this is only for the young ones like us!".. GRRRRR.. as if they own the franchise to FRIENDSTER!!

But wonder of wonders, why of so many things I can do with the computer that day, there was this great urge to open my friendster and see what's happening over there by now. And I got what i expected. Nothing has changed. The friendster is still and indeed ruled by the youngbloods. Something irreversible I think. Thank God, this has made me look for other diversions that made me feel some kind of belongingness.. I found blogging as the next best thing after friendster or certainly the best for great people of my age trying to find out their two-dollar worth in this cyber-world.

Anyway, going back to that message from a teener, and she says she's fifteen years old.. And so, I guess she's in third year high school if she entered grade one at age 7 or fourth year high school this schoolyear if she was a Promil wonder kid! She says "I'm super-excited to go back to school.. I really miss school now.." OOooww realllyy?!.. as in you miss your subjects, assignments, research works, cutting grasses, cleaning the room, etc.?? Or, you're just missing your crushes in school as there is very little chance for you to go 'eyeball-to-eyeball' because you were not so free to leave the house while you're on vacation! Maybe true, maybe not! But maybe more true than otherwise.

This has instantly aroused my super-excitedness too, but not because my youngest daugther is not equally excited for the same reasons that this girl has, but because I was deeply pondering as to what would super-excite these young ones to have great longing for school life when so many had long wanted to get out of school or finish schooling as soon as possible! Speaking of my time, I had always wanted to cut short my stay in school and I was ready to take the shortest cut if there was such a thing.

Aahh wait.. I recalled what my daughter used to say.. hehehe! "Dad, I'd better be in school always..", she said. "But why do you wish so, my girl??", I asked. "At least, you'd always give me money and I have a million reason for asking more from you.. hehehe", she said quite with an emphatic joke. A joke that's kinda hurt if not for the reason that parents don't have choices when it comes to this kind of stuff. Yes, we parents are responsible for our children's education. So we just have to take everything hook, line and sinker if our children choose the long cut for their own kind of reasons! Waaaa.. huhuhu!

We can only tell them to strive to have good grades as some kind of consolation for the hard-earned pesos derived out of our blood, sweat and tears. And as if to oblige and show they had been the ideal children that we had wanted them to be.. they say "Oh yes Dad & Mom.. don't worry.. there are only two choices.. either to be magna or summa.. magna-nine years in college or summa-sampung taon." Waaaa.. huhuhu!

Indeed, we parents have no choice. "OK, my dear daughter: by all means.. earn a college degree.. whatever that is!!"

(Note: My youngest daughter is the only one left schooling after six years in college and in her fifth.. no, not year.. school.. yes, you heard it loud and clear.. her FIFTH SCHOOL! All her three elder brothers have graduated from college. She now brags about being the lone student that we support and having the luxury of time to choose when to graduate!)

No comments: