A personal blog by M.B. Mosaid, Ph.D.


Make your own Myspace Crazy Text at CommentYou.com

Cheapest talk of the week!

There is a guy. His favorite bar is called 'Sally's Legs'. The bar is closed, so he waits outside for it to open. He was waiting a long time and a cop got suspicious, came over to him, and asked, "What are you doing?" The guy replies, "I'm waiting for 'Sally's Legs' to open so I can get in.."
===================================================

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Some words on Mother's Day!

May 11 this year is Mother's Day. And how I wish my mother is still around so I can make up for lost times and opportunities. This notion cannot be more factual than now: "You learn to value something/someone more after you lost them". Now that she's in the other sphere of the cosmic world, I only have these words for her: "May her soul rest in peace; may she stays in the bossom of the Lord's care.."

On Mothers Day, thank your Mother. The best opportunity is when they are still around. There is simply no way we can ever really thank mother for all she has done for us. Consider these: She is the one who will be awake all night when we are sick. Praying to God to make us well and be ever ready to bear the pain that we may be experiencing. She is the one to wake up early in the morning to make the nicest tiffin and endure all our tantrums. Mothers are the ones who would forever complain that we are not eating enough or not eating right. They would cook all sorts of things so that we be strong and healthy.

I know very well how mothers feel. I have the best mother of my children in my wife. And this family wouldn't be a complete whole without her.

Mothers are everything for us when we are small...our lives revolve around her. For everything that we need we call mother. To protect us from all perceivable dangers we want her around us. To take us out we hold her arms. To kiss away our wounds we run to her. And for a warm hug and love we look for her. She is the focal point of our lives, the greatest human being in the world or should we say divinity on earth. On the special occasion of Mothers Day pay tribute to your mother - the greatest blessing of God on you.

Mothers love to be loved, remembered and pampered especially on a special ocassion like this. . For me, it's more than enough that we have each other everyday of the year and every mother's day.

Below, I endeavoured to put together words that express every meaning that symbolizes that special attachment, reverence and tribute that mothers deserve on Mother's Day. They are intentionally shortened, and in some cases paraphrased, so that they can be transmitted in SMS - the now considered state-of-the-art way to send messages in leiu of the letter written on specially decorated perfumed paper when the luxury of the mobile phone was so far out of touch yet.

Words are appreciated for their meanings, and when they are put together to form phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and so on.. they express a variety of feelings, emotions, infatuations, purpose, motives, and what have you. We may think words are nothing more than little simple assemblage of the alphabet, but they mean a lot to mothers when these words sincerely come from the loving hearts of children. They will be happier with words beautifully and creatively expressed than material things.

Again, I have gone quite far.. and forgot that this is 'cheap talk'. No.. Mothers are never cheap talk topics. It just happened that I have to post this here because this blogsite has relatively more visitors than my other blogsites.. hehehe!

Before, we bcome misty-eyed, here are some sample messages you can send to your mom on Mother's Day:

1. God's omnipresence is made more manifests when He created mothers. Happy Mother's Day!!

2. "M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold,
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be.

3. Once upon a memory. Someone wiped away a tear. Held me close and loved me. Thank you, Mother dear. Happy Mother's Day.

4. The Miracle of Life nurtured by a woman who gave us love and sacrifice...MOTHER. Happy Mother's Day!!

5. For the best mom who always had a smile for me, I know we may be far apart right now. So here's a great big hug and kiss. Happy Mother's Day.

6. When you feel you are alone in the crowd, when you think no one understands you, when your love is rejected by others, & when you hate your life, just close your eyes & see her face who loves you more than any 1 else, who cares for you in loneliness, & dies when you cry. Happy Mother's Day.
7. She is no 1, but your sweet loving mother. Love your mom first and always. I take this opportunity to thank you for your immeasurable contribution to my life. Thank you Mom! And wish you a Very Happy Mother's Day!

8. You've seen me laugh; You've seen me cry; And always you were there with me. I may not have always said it, but thanks and I love you very much. Happy Mother's Day.

OK guys? If you can't say it with flowers and cards, say it through text, or better still, buy her a brand new cellphone - the latest from her favorite brand.. hehehe! Isn't that the best way to pamper your Mom on Mother's Day??!!

No comments: